Know more About Product
Momentive EPC is a water-based Boron Nitride coating with small inorganic binders. This suspension is primarily used in Aluminum Castings and metallizing plants, where it serves as a brushed-on release agent to control the deposition of metal and allow metallic deposits to be easily removed from components. Despite the minimal use of binders, BN EPC Grade has sufficiently high adhesive properties to maintain coating integrity during the metalising process.
EPC Grade Boron Nitride Coatings are temperature resistant up to around 850 C in air and to around 2,000 C in an inert atmosphere. The coating has good thermal conductivity and is electrically insulating.
Boron Nitride Water Based Coatings
- Available in one and five gallon containers.
- Apply by brush, roller, dipping or spraying using various commercially available methods.
- Dilution (2:1 water to concentrate) is recommended to enhance application (GPC, LPC).
- EPC is formulated to be ready-to-use (Dilution not recommended).
- FPC is a ready-to-use dispersion of BN and alumina.
- Dried coatings can be readily handled, smoothed or polished with a soft, dry cloth.
- Forced drying at 80°C for 20 minutes is recommended for each layer.
- Protective coating in high vacuum metallising equipment
- As a release agent and protective coating in galvanising plants
- Improved protection of the equipment
- Ease of cleaning of the plant results in time savings
- Economical in use
- Excellent release properties
- Odourless and free of additives detrimental to health