Momentive graphite Monochromators are highly oriented forms of high purity pyrolytic graphite (PG) which diffract x-rays and neutrons with greater efficiency than any other material. In x-ray analysis, intensity is increased 3 to 5 times over that obtained with conventionally used crystals. A singly-bent focusing Monochromator using graphite yields 3 times the intensity of lithium fluoride at equivalent resolution. Momentive originally introduced, and still offers, graphite Monochromotors with the lowest mosaic spread available.
Know more About Product
Graphite monochromators from Momentive Performance Materials are highly-oreinted forms of high-purity pyrolytic graphite that may diffract x-rays and neutrons with great efficiency.A singly-bent focusing monochromator using graphite may yield 3 times the intensity of lithium fluoride at equivalent resolution. Graphite monochromators from Momentive Performance Materials may provide the lowest mosaic spread available.
In x-ray analysis, they provide
- 3 to 5 times greater intensity than conventional crystals
- Potential Applications
- X-ray diffraction
- Neutron sscattering and diffraction
- Scanning tunneling microscopy - calibration and substrates
HOPG plates are flat, singly-bent, and doubly-bent shapes and are classified according to mosaic spread.
- Minimum size is 12mm x 12mm.
- Thickness tolerances + 0/-.4mm
- Standard radii for singly-bent plates 115, 225, 250, 510, 790, and 1300 mm.
- Standard sizes for bent monochromators
- 12x12, 20, 25, 40 20x20, 25, 40, 50 15x15, 25, 40, 50 25x25, 40, 50, 75
- Thickness for bent plates 2 +0/-1 mm.